A father from Pocatello, Idaho was left with seven missing teeth and second degree burns when his vape pen exploded in his face:
Andrew Hall was getting ready for work when, to his shock, the vape pen he relied on to relax had the exact opposite effect:
The explosion was so big that it left smoke stains in his bathroom…
…and left him in the intensive care unit, where he posted photos of his injuries and the following warning:
Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn’t expect possible.
I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.
I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.
I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips.
Andrew, a father of 3, also posted photos of the aftermath of his bathroom, which include a shattered sink, indicating just how powerful the blast was:
And here are the remnants of Andrew’s vape pen:
Numerous cases of vape explosions have been reported, some of which were captured on surveillance cameras, like this incident here:
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5mEtNn8Yrs] The problem has become so serious that even the FDA plans to hold a two-day workshop in April to assess vape products and determine if a viable solution exists.